Monday, June 30, 2008

January 28

At first I thought I wouldn’t be able to go for a visit today, but as it turns out, I was able to go. Olesya was even happier today than she was yesterday. I see this as a sure sign that she is ready to be released on Monday. Hopefully her doctor will agree with me. One of the other mothers borrowed the baseball book to read to her son while we were there. He didn’t seem to appreciate it quite as much as Olesya did, but we were still happy to share. Aida also explained to them why I am not allowed to stay with her all the time. Before leaving today, Aida took some group pictures for all of us. I will get prints made of these to take with me to the hospital on Monday. Hopefully that will be a good farewell present from Olesya.

Earlier today I had a nice lunch with Christa, Pam, Nazym and Alexander. It was nice to get out and socialize. I probably talked more than anyone else did, but those of you who know me well won’t be surprised by that. I think it was just because I was making up for all of the quiet time that I have spent in my room.
I am hoping that today is the halfway point. I have been in Taraz for 3 weeks now, and will hopefully be heading home in another 3 weeks. It has also been one week since Joe left and it is one week until my mom comes. I am halfway through my alone time and can’t wait for it to be over!

No comments: