Monday, June 30, 2008

January 21

Well today was my last visit but we had enough time to post one more update before taking me to the airport. We were able to feed her again today which she certainly enjoyed. Instead of giving her a shot, they gave her a couple of spoonfuls of what looked like a very oily pesto sauce. She did not protest the taste too much, so maybe it wasn't so bad. Certainly not as bad as the needle.
It's hard to believe I am actually leaving Kazakhstan for good. I have been here so long that I hardly remember what Denver looks like. I wonder if Colonel Fremont ever got that crazy railroad surveyed?
I, on the other hand, will still be spending a few weeks in lovely Taraz. I will explain to Olesya that Daddy was very sorry to leave, but he had to go back to work so that he could recoup some of the costs of the trip and begin working on her college fund.

No comments: