Monday, June 30, 2008

January 23

When I first saw Olesya this morning, she did seem to be looking around for Daddy. I explained to her that he was just getting home and probably very tired from his extensive traveling. She was disappointed that he could no longer stay in Kazakhstan with us, but she understood. She was in a very good mood and wanted to read her baseball book immediately. The caregivers suggested I not put her on the floor because it gets too drafty. I don’t really agree with this, but didn’t want to cause problems, so I just held her on the couch with me. When it was time to take pictures, I sat Olesya up in the corner of the couch and she seemed to really like that. She is very proud of herself and all of the new skills she is developing. When Olesya was almost asleep for her midmorning nap, the nurse came in to give her a shot. Olesya of course did not want to go with this woman. They took her into the other room to get her shot and then gave her back to me. She still needed to cry for a few minutes, but then as soon as she was calm, she fell asleep for about 15-20 minutes. Apparently, nothing feels better after a shot than a good nappie.

No comments: